The Seal Swimming Story
Seal Swimming was officially founded in 2016 as the trade name for “Simon Easton Aquatics Ltd.” But the story goes back to 2009.
After receiving a call from a Toronto District School Board Trustee seeking support to keep the W.A. Porter Collegiate’s swimming pool from permanent closure, Seal Swimming’s founder Simon Easton stepped in to found the Seal Swim Club.
This was the swimming organization that would eventually evolve into Seal Swimming—an institution designed to provide support for all ages groups and aspects of swimming development. Since its early days, Seal Swimming has grown to include four locations across Toronto, and a team of professional swim teachers.
From its inception, the main objective of Seal Swimming has been to provide high quality training for swimmers who are interested in competing, but not looking for the high commitment of an elite swim club. This commitment to teaching swimming for the love of the sport has since expanded to include all age groups and abilities.Our Swim Programs
Our mission is to empower swimmers to reach their personal potential by providing the highest quality swim training in a fun, safe, and rewarding environment.
Our vision is to provide the best all around swim training experience for our community, and to inspire swimmers toward a lifelong appreciation for the sport.
How do we do that? By following our seven core values.
Seal Swimming Toronto is proud to follow these core values in everything we do as swim instructors and facility managers.
- Safety - The Seal Swimming Team makes work a safe place for everyone. We believe in making water environments a safe and rewarding environment for all users.
- Trust - Trust is the glue that holds Seal Swimming together. Trust allows us to work happily together with our team, our partners and our community.
- Excellence - The Seal Swimming Team holds itself to the highest standards of excellence across our business activities. We are committed to the pursuit of excellence in all areas of our lives and our business.
- Community - Seal Swimming is stronger when we work as a team. Collaboration with our families, partners and community is key to making a happy and meaningful place to work and thrive.
- Success - Seal Swimming is driven by self-improvement and transformation in everything that we do. We love to celebrate and share in the success of all who visit our pools and their own journey of improvement.
- Integrity - Seal Swimming is passionate about preserving honesty, fairness, respect and courage in all that we do. We hold each other accountable for integrity in all operations of our business.
- Advocacy - The Seal Swimming Team is a group of passionate individuals, guided by our values. We advocate for ourselves, for our peers, for our fellow citizens and for those who are unable to advocate for themselves. Above all, we advocate for our environment.
In 2021, we launched our new brand identity that will take Seal Swimming through to the next generation of swimmers and teachers.
This new identity was developed to reinforce Seal Swimming’s place as a leader in the swimming community in Scarborough and the Greater Toronto area. It demonstrates our drive and momentum toward providing the best all around swim training experience, engaging with our community, and inspiring the current and future generations of swimmers.
The Seal Swimming brand was inspired by the people we service, weaving together all age groups with a vibrant new logo that symbolizes progress and motion.
Join us as we push the boundaries or quality and inclusive swim training in the Toronto area.